Sunday, 17 February 2013

WEEK 3 THINGS ARE TAKING SHAPE

Hi,

This is the 1st time i've blogged this week due to a heavy work schedule and commitments outside of work such as arranging valentines day for Rosie. I had a bit of nightmare trying to do what I wanted, which was hiring a rowing boat at Chorlton water park and cooking up a meal and eating it out on the lake at night.

When I found out I couldn't hire a boat, phase 2 of the plan kicked in. Buying a rubber dingy, which seems like a mental idea when you cant see a thing and not knowing where your going, with Geese chasing the boat trying to enjoy some of Rosies valentines food. I was going to bring bread as a decoy to these violent animals. After taking all of this in, I could imagine Rose freaking out and falling in the water and even though I would do the honourable deed and save Rosie, I didn't fancy swimming in a dirty lake when its 5 degrees outside.

In the end I resulted to a very standard valentines day and gave Rose a rose (thats ironic), 2 cards (1 hand made) a few presents and a meal out at the Alchemist!

Back to why I'm writing this blog.The new micro cycle has started and is getting a lot tougher but I'm seeing results now. The nutritional side is impossible to keep to unless your human less and unfortunately wasn't born with taste buds. I love potatoes and had to EAT them and it was so worth it. I will keep to the diet at least 5 times a week and might have carbs twice a week so I feel human.

An example of a work out on micro cycle 2

Pull up  12 reps, 3 sets
seated shoulder press 12 reps, 3 sets
band pull 15 reps, 3 sets
bent over row 12 reps, 3 sets
dumbbell pull over 30 reps, 1 set
close grip lat pull down reps 10, 3 sets
face pull 15 reps, 3 sets
lateral raise 15 reps, 3 sets
incline bench shrug 15 reps, 3 sets

The above is 1 work out and works your back and shoulders.

Below is the 1st pic of me before I started and my current body:


Pic when I started

5 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like your doing really well, well done couldn't do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. any other updates coming soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Iain, I don't know you but I came across your blog and I was happy to see you posting about starting a fitness plan, as that is exactly what I'm doing right now. I started eating low-carb etc about a month ago and have lost about 7kg so far. I need to start working out though! I plan on starting on Tuesday. Have you kept going on your plan?
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. im guessing the plan didn't work for you, could we at least have a post explaining why? im considering trying the diet myself, thanks

    ReplyDelete