Sunday, 10 February 2013

DAY 10 - DAY 13 ON A ROLL


Hello!!

I have completed the first Micro cycle which included 8 sessions and a combination of upper body and lower body exercises. I have seen a vast improvement on what I'm lifting and my body.

I came into this programme blind, I didn't know what to expect and have never believed any of these plans actually work and I'm sure you think the same as me! My mind hasn't changed yet, however I have lost half a stone and starting to see the abs for the first time in over a year, its not the prettiest of sights atm but its a better sight than I've seen in over a year!

So to give you an idea on my progression.....Upper body Micro cycle below

1st week                                                                                  
                                         sets    reps            1           2           3          4
Chin up                              4        8                8           6           4          3
incline bench press             4        8      50kg  8           7           5          4
rack deadlift                       4       8      60kg  8            8           8          8
tricep dips                          4       8                8            5           3          3
high pull                              4        8      20kg  8            8           8          8
decline dumb bell crunch     4        12    12kg  12          12         12        12

2nd week
                                         sets    reps            1           2           3          4
Chin up                               4        8                8           8           8          8
incline bench press              4        8      60kg  8           8           6          5
rack deadlift                        4       8      90kg  8            8           8          8
tricep dips                           4       8                8            8           8          7
high pull                               4        8      25kg  8            8           6          5
decline dumb bell crunch     4        12    18kg  12          12         12        12



I have increased the weights considerably to keep the muscles from ripping and building. If your doing a course like this, make sure you buy Whey protein. Its amazing, as soon as your body is hurting, down a protein shake and the pain disappears. Always have the shake straight after a work out so your muscles start repairing instantly! They taste really nice and would be happy to drink protein shakes all day. I recommend banana flavour.

Next week micro cycle 2 starts and begins to get a lot harder. wish me luck.

Iain

No comments:

Post a Comment