Sunday, 27 January 2013

Here we go...

Hi it's Iain,

For those who don't know me, I have decided to start this blog to see if a body plan can actually work. I came across the 12 week body plan on the Daily Mail a few weeks ago and thought if your able to transform your body this significantly in 12 weeks its worth a go.

I used to be a regular gym user, however I haven't been to the gym for over a year but I do play regular sport. I've always wanted a well toned body, nothing over the top like 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' in his hey-day but something to be proud of.

I have joined Virgin Active in Didsbury and will be following the plan to the T. At the moment I have an injury to my knee by striking the ball too hard and my knee came out of its socket lol, now my girl friend calls me peg leg! Me and Rosie went to the supermarket to stock up on all our food for the week to go with the plan and basically you buy meat, meat, meat and more meat, but throw in some vegetables so you HIT that 5 a day that we all aspire to do!!

This blog will be my diary and up dated everyday with my progress (including photos), obstacles, struggles and will be 110% honest about the plan. I'm not promising to look like I should be on the front of Mens Fitness (If I do I expect to be on it ) but I will be putting this plan to the test to see if they actually work.

Please feel free to write questions/opinions and progress if your undertaking something similar and wanting to follow a body plan.

Here we go.............

Iain :) aka Peg leg





Rosie's bit!

Hey guys, Rosie here. Iain's long suffering girlfriend. :P
I'm also joining in this 12 week plan, not so much because I'm desperate for a 6 pack and guns of steel, but more because he's my boyfriend and I love him, gyms are scary on your own and I'm not 100% happy with my body.

For as long as I can remember I've fluctuated between being comfortable/uncomfortable with my weight, all the while staying around the 117lbs mark. I'm about 5'2, which is normal and healthy and all that jazz, but sometimes just doesn't feel comfortable. At my recent lowest, I was 108lbs, at my recent highest I was 119lbs. I've had a typical female love/hate relationship with food and my body, so the last thing I want to do is turn this into an unhealthy obsession, or finish and then swing the other way into a jabba-the-hut-esque-food-muncher. So for that reason I am not being as strict as Iain, but will blog about my daily food intake and reasons why along the way.

I think ideally I'd like to see myself become more physically fit and a bit leaner, I'd like smaller thighs and arms. But again, what's most important is feeling comfortable to me. I think a lot of the time people try to say "woah, you're already small, why you gonna diet?" or "You don't need to diet, you're already slim." I am not overweight, and I am not fat, but I sometimes do not feel comfortable, and I think that may resonate with my fellow not-fat-not-comfortable friends.

It's going to be an interesting 12 weeks, we're taking our "before" pics tomorrow morning.
I vow to be honest, with my struggles and with my successes.

Wish us luck!!

Rosie :)







3 comments:

  1. Good luck to both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww you're both waaay too cute!! Good luck with this. I'm keeping an eye on both of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rosie Claire B here! Keep up the hard work! Good Luck Guys! you're not the only one! Im using my blogspot for personal motivation too! my2013fitness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete